How to install the device?
Carefully follow the instructions in the manual. Make sure to correctly align the two upper trays and to insert the pump in the correct direction (the pump housing shows the imprinted drawing of the correct position of the pump).
Can I wet all parts of the fountain?
No, electric parts outside the transparent tank must be always kept dry.
Pump does not work or water no longer flows as it used to.
• make sure that the flashing red indicator indicating insufficient water is not visible. In the event of a flashing red light, the pump stops working automatically, add water.
•Check that all parts of the fountain are assembled correctly: the two upper trays must be aligned and closed as indicated in the manual; the pump must be inserted in the appropriate place and the suction cups must be sticked completely to the base. The pump housing shows the drawing imprinted of the correct direction of the pump.
• In the absence of regular cleaning, the pump and prefilter could become clogged due to animal fur and food residues. The pump and prefilter should be cleaned weekly to ensure proper operation.
• Make sure that the fountain is placed on a horizontal plane and has no sub-elements that could alternate its stability The pet fountain seems to have a slippery patina.
• Make sure that all the components of the fountain are present including the transparent silicone cylinder inside the tube that connects the pump to the trays.
How to clean the fountain?
IMPORTANT: Ordinary and extraordinary cleaning of the fountain is essential for the correct operation of the appliance. All the cleaning operations indicated below must be carried out with the appliance disconnected from the power supply. Consult the fountain manual for reference to the figures specified as below. Weiterreichende Informationen zu den unten aufgeführten Punkten finden Sie in der Bedienungsanleitung.
• PUMP maintenance is recommended once a week to prevent limescale or residues from reducing water flow. Open the fountain, remove the upper tray and the water board, empty the water tank. Disconnect the plug that connects the pump to the transformer by turning the ring nut. Remove the pump from its housing (FIG 5), this operation may require some force until the suction cups detach. Remove the front mask (it may be necessary to insert a fingernail in the edge of the mask to extract it), the entry plate and the impeller. Rinse all the components under running water and clean the impeller compartment. Reassemble all the pump components.
• PREFILTER rinse the pre-filter under running water to remove all traces of impurities and pet fur. Then reassemble it as shown in fig. B / 1. Make sure to keep it flat and not folded when you reassemble the compartment to which it is fixed on the fountain.
• CLEANING OF THE COMPONENTS Remove the water storage (fig.3) and wash it by hand under running water. Use only detergent for dishes and non-abrasive sponges. Make sure you have removed all traces of detergent before putting the fountain back into operation.
What happens in the event of a power failure?
The upper reserve tank guarantees the presence of water for the animal even in the event of a blackout. After the power is restored, the fountain will resume working independently.
The pet fountain seems dirty even after cleaning it.
• If there is a white chalky substance in the pet fountain, your fountain may have a mineral deposit build-up from hard water. To remove these deposits, clean the fountain parts with a 80% water and 20% vinegar solution. Rinse all parts thoroughly afterwards. Use filtered or purified water instead of hard tap water to prevent this.
Can I fill the fountain with any kind of water?
Yes the water can be either the tap or the bottled one. In the case of running water that is too calcareous or hard, it is advisable to use bottled water.
How do I make a fare how my animals drink from the fountain?
• When being introduced to the Pet Fountain, your pet may be cautious of this new and unusual object. After beginning operation of your Pet Fountain, simply allow your pet to adjust at his or her own pace. Some pets may take several days or longer to begin use, while others will start right away.
• Your pet may prefer that the Pet Fountain be placed away from their normal feeding area. Try placing it in another location, such as a different area of the kitchen or in a bathroom or utility room.
Can I rinse the filter with soap and reuse it?
Never use soapy water because soap residues can penetrate the filters and cannot be removed.
The fountain looks slimy.
• If more than one pet uses the fountain, the slippery appearance may be caused by the saliva of the animals. To avoid the inconvenience, change the water and clean the pet fountain more frequently.
• Make sure to thoroughly rinse the parts that make up the pet fountain. Soap residues can cause slippery patina.
The fountain is leaking.
• Sometimes the presence of water around the fountain is due to the way the animals drink. Some, in fact, tend to spill water on the ground. Observe your animal while drinking to see if this is the cause. In this case, you can buy a fountain mat or another waterproof mat to place under the fountain.
• If this is not the cause and the loss of water is relevant:
a. check that the components are assembled correctly, in particular the two upper trays must be well aligned.
b. make sure that the prefilter is clean and that it has been assembled correctly. Be careful to keep it flat when assembled.
How to use the button in the front of the fountain?
The button has two uses:
to. when changing the multistage filter: the fountain indicates by a flashing light when the filter needs to be changed (every 60 days of actual use). Once the multistage filter has been replaced, keep the button pressed for about 3 seconds to restart the day count
b. to restart the pump after adding water: for safety reasons, it is recommended to do every operation on the device, including the addition of water, with the plug disconnected. The fountain alerts the user by flashing red light, when the water level is no longer sufficient and the pump stops working to save itself. After adding water to the disconnected plug fountain, the device restarts to operate autonomously once the plug has been reconnected. In the event that the addition of water is carried out with the plug connected, to restart the pump, press the button once.